Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

localstart.asp - how do I disable this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeC

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
How do I disable localstart.asp?

I have found this file in the inetpub/ directory. I deleted the file. I left the file there but removed all the text. I restarted iis using iisreset but when I type in I still get prompted to login.

I have searched on this but all I can find is how to get this file working if it isn't; not how to disable it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gabe

Thanks, I did this and I still get prompted to login. Do I need to reboot the server? I executed iisreset and that did not help.

Thanks.

Thanks,

Gabe

To remove the login prompt, you'll have to enable anonymous access to the site.

Thanks. I only have anonymous selected in IIS properties for the web site.

Is there anywhere else I need to make the change?

Thanks

Thanks,

Gabe

Make sure that the account that IIS is using has access to the folder (NTFS permissions).

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Make sure that the account that IIS is using has access to the folder (NTFS permissions).

To elaborate on mrdenny's statement...

Double-Click My Computer
Double-Click C: Drive (or drive where you have Windows installed.)
Double-Click Inetpub (C:\Inetpub)
Right-Click (C:\Inetpub\Select Properties from the diaglog menu. This will open the Properties window for directory 'Select the Security Tab.
Click Add, then Click Advanced, then Click Find Now.
Scroll down until you see IUSR_[machinename] where [machinename] is the name of the computer. (There is only one IUSR account, so there is no mistaking it.)
Double-Click on this IUSR account.
Click Ok, Apply, Ok to backout of all those windows.
All Done.

-a6m1n0

Curiosity only kills cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back