Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

localhost/reports vs localhost/reportserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrees

Programmer
Feb 20, 2003
GB
Hi,

Hope someone can help me out here. I have been tasked with distributing some reports using reporting services.
I have never used RS before. This was installed before my time so I cannot comment on many aspects of that.

When I try to access IE just sits there, no "page not found" - nothing! But when I try I get a directory listing and can navigate to (but not view) to the deployed reports. If I put an HTML doc in the reports folder based on the virtual directory, I can view that ok.

I am sure I am doing something very basically wrong - but I have no idea.

Any help would ne much appreciated!

mrees

Did you configure the report manager directoy in the SSRS too? Can you actually see a virtual directory for Reports in IIS?

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
You are a amateur developer until you realize all your code sucks.
Jeff Atwood[/sub]

Thanks for your response.

Under IIS->Websites->Default Website I have both a Reports and ReportServer directory. I assume this is what you meant?

I think I have configured the report manager in reporting services configuration. But this seems a bit tempramental and prone to hanging.

Thanks

mrees

is the Report Manager website
is the Web Service website

Depending on how you are rendering the report, you will need to decide which to use. If your application is using the Report Viewer control and passing values from another external web application, then you will use
Otherwise if you are developing the reports, publishing them (which by default is set to in order to actually navigate to them and run them, load ie with
You will then be authenticated and shown folders that you have access to.

I hope this helps,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back