Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Localhost problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domini86

Technical User
Dec 14, 2009
SI
Hi all

Im Domini, and i have one meybe serious problem. Im behind Cisco pix firewall/router and i have 3 PCs in my network.
One of them is proxy dns server on linux
What is intresting i noticed yesterday is, when i was connected on WindowsLive whit Messenger i noticed in my software firewall connection to messenger from 127.0.0.1 sneil.pc.cz ( outbound and inbound ) sneil.pc.cz is unknown to me, so its very strange, am i hacked?
and if i ping sneil.pc.cz i ping 127.0.0.1 basicly myself right? 0.o

On whois it shows owner of pc.cz domain JosefGrill from CZ, but whitout "sneil" ...

How can i fix this?
I updated hosts file on Windows PCs from MVPS hosts, ...

Tnx in advance,

Domini

what is the name of your pc? are you in the czech republic? that name resolves to:
IP address: 81.2.199.30
Host name: sneil.pc.cz

I gave names to my PCs like PacPC, KadafiPC, SugePC, no im not in Chech republic ..

How did you get sneil.pc.cz to 81.2.199.30, couse if i try i got different domainname for this ip you posted.

Forget my last post, i got same result as you ... now, ... strange, in the morning i pinged sneil.pc.cz and i got 127.0.0.1, could be my Linux server hijacked or maybe Cisco pix? Its old one 501, ...
For Linux box im not sure couse i really have strict iptables rules only allow local connections and stuff ...
What should i do, i scanned PCs for viruses and its negative, i tryed whit Malware Bytes and Bitdefender ...

Well could be this ping , result of missconfigured Cisco? couse i saw i had one thing wrong earlyer, Ciscos hostname and Linux box hostname was same ...? I fix this and this strange ping has gone, i only have to try messenger ...

tnx

Domini

im not sure what to tell you without seeing the config of the pix 501 or the linux box

Well messenger works fine now, so maybe really was a problem whit Linux box and Cisco pix wich had same domainname ( hostname ) ....

To know right, if anybody can confirm, is it possible due to missconfiguration ( linux box and cisco pix with same domainame "hostname" ) that whatever i would ping i ping myself ( localhost )?

Like Linux box domainname "hostname" is as sample -> pac.domain and local ip is 192.168.3.2 and Cisco with same domainname "hostname" and ip 192.168.3.1, wouldnt be like pac.domain doubled bicouse of missconfiguration and there would be only localhost operating on local, so thats what conflicted whit ping, couse it couldnt get out ( web )?

Domini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back