Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Localhost or 127.0.0.1 - The page can not be displayed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustubh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
US
I installed MS 2000 Advanced server and would like to use preinstalled IIS 5.0 which comes along with MS 2000 Advanced server. After installing it and made IP address unassigned in website properties, i am unable to pull page by typing 127.0.0.1 or localhoat. Always gets an error message "the page can not be displayed"/.

Pl help me how to solve this problem.

thanks,

gopal

You need to add that IP as a multiple identity to your server. Using Inet Manager, at your web site right-click, pull up properties, Web Site, Advanced, and add IP 127.0.0.1, port 80, name localhost. This should allow references to 127.0.0.1 (loopback) and localhost to find your server.

Hi

I did exactly as what did u say, but I could not able to see any default page on my localhost. It's still saying same error. Pl help...

Kaustubh:
Under Web Site Identification, explicitly specify 127.0.0.1 as the IP, instead of 'all unassigned'. See if that helps.

HI gOOFGEEF,

IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM .... YET ...

PL HELP ...

GOPAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back