Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruslx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2001
BE
Hi , we are testing Sharepoint Team services , works fine , but does anybody knows how to change the dates presentations ?
Still getting MM/DD/YYYY format instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

Help appreciated .

SLX

brusix,
Only suggestion I would make would be to change the format in start\settings\control panel\regional options .. select the Date tab and change appropriatly. Lots of applications pick up this setting from the local configuration. Whether it will adjust on the fly or after a reboot Im not sure, worse case would be an application re-install.

Hope this helps.

Thanks bowhow , but I already did this .Nothing changed.
I also tried to install the software on other machines , with the local settings correctly defined before the install , and problem remains.

Thanks for your help

SLX

I have the same problem and would love to know why SharePoint seems to ignore the windows date format settings. m/d/yyyy might be fine in the US but it renders completely useless any calendaring application of SharePoint in the UK.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Guys, Please let me know it you have found a solution for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back