Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

local profile created while home directory disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

apj77

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
CA
Windows 95 clients logon to NT Domain. I am setting up a windows 98 box and get this problem

First time a user logs in --- no problem

- Any time after that there's a short delay before running the logon script.

- When the user logs off, they get the message... "local profile was created when the home directory was disconnected. Do you want to use the local profile to overwrite your home directory profile?"

Roaming profiles are being used. Any ideas?

Thanks for the additional information in that other post. The information there doesn't give me a fix for my problem though.

The home directory gets mapped in the logon script and we do use policies (automatic) using config.pol. What appears to be happening is that the profile is created before the logon script runs and since the profile is in the home directory the profile is created locally.

Can anybody confirm this and/or is there an option to disable this message from coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back