Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local MySQL DB with PHP and Apache2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerAdi

Programmer
Aug 31, 2005
AU
I am going NUTS here and seriously would appreciate some help.

So, this is the environment:

Windows XP Professional V2002 SP2
Apache Server 2.0.54
PHP 5.0.5
MySQL 4.0.21.

All applications are working as such (Apache, PHP and MySQL DB), but when I try to connect to the DB, nothing happens (not even an error). I was reading around a bit and tried some stuff. Eventually I found some things I haven't done):

####
went into php.ini and inserted the path of the apache document root path into the doc_root field
in addition inserted the extensions dir path to the extension_dir field in php.ini, which was c:\php\ext

scrolled down to almost the bottom of the php.ini file and deleted the 'comment' character to activate the php_mysql.dll extension.
###

Now, I did this, but when I restart the Apache Server I get two error messages:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

This does not make sense, because the dll IS in that folder. I even reinstalled PHP and reconfigured the ini-File. Nothing. And it really, really, REALLY am getting annoyed here (yes, I tried forward slashes).

Funny enough, the server itself seems to run after the error messages. But no connection to the DB.

Does anybody know what is going on here and how I can solve this problem.

Thank you so much in advance!
Adrian

Is this line in your httpd file?

LoadModule php5_module "C:/php/ext/php5apache2.dll

I'm having the same trouble. I've installed apache2 with the call to the module /php5apache2.dll and it seems to load fine,
but when I enable extentions in the php.ini file it reports as not found for all the dll's in the ext directory.

Thanks
Tricia

i seem to recall that the easiest way around this problem was to copy some of the php files into the windows/system32 folder. from recollection it was libeay.dll and libmysql.dll. then don't forget to restart apache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back