Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Logon overrides Domain logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien111

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2002
US
I have a Windows 2003 Server, Small Business Edition as a domain controller. I have a Windows 2003 server on the network as well running a multi-user application. The application requires the mapping of a drive to a folder that has permissions set for everyone. When I log onto the domain from an XP workstation, the data will not come up in the application. The application works, but the data does not show up from the database file. When I log on locally to the XP box and map the drive, the data shows up in the application. Does anyone have an idea or a clue as to why I cannot access this data logged onto the domain?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff, MCP

One other thing, I'm getting 1053 errors on the XP box which tells me it is not being authenticated. But if I go into Active Directory Users and Computers the SBS is listed as a domain controller for the domain. I can also join other pc's to the domain and it asks for the admin password for the domain when adding them.

Jeff, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back