Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Link through Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-tech

Technical User
Apr 21, 2021
CA
We have a client who is trying to utilize their Local Link lines through their auto attendant. I've been successful in programming EFA to work with System Speed Dials, however there is a 15-20 second pause of dead air in between. When done manually, the only dead air you hear is during the hook flash. This dead air is heard from both sides, with the receiving caller getting about 10 seconds of dead air.

Is there any way to improve this?

Are you using analogue lines for the local link.

How many digits are being dialled across the link.

Yes we're using analog lines

Using Tranfer Out in the Custom Service Menu, it goes to a speed bin, which is *601NXXNXXXXXX so in total 14 digits including the *.

I would say it’s because of the lines being analogue and the voice mail unit not knowing if the call is answered. I would try to set the transfer sequence to fxd, this should get the call to transfer straight after dialling the number.

Other than that I would try transfer it to a ps that is forwarded to the number. Leaving the transfer sequence as fxd.

Originally we were going to just forward extensions to numbers, but this site only had 2 phone lines, and it would take up both lines at once forwarding that way. They didn't want to add anymore.

I'll keep that in mind next time I have access to that system, we don't have remote access unfortunately and we installed it last week.

Thanks for the replies though!

You installed it last week, you know Panasonic stop manufacturing phone systems nearly 2 years ago. Parts are getting harder to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back