Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Drives in terminal server session

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckugo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2004
US
I am trying to get my local C drive mapped in a terminal server session. I am able to do this, but clicking the appropriate drive in the Local Resources of the RDP properties and get the drive to show up.

I then created a login script that ran:

\\tsclient\c z:

This basically assigned that drive to Z:. The problem with this is that the client sees two drives in My Computer. One is under Network Drives, Z: and the other is under "Other" and labeled C on FA111002. I want to only see the one with the associated drive letter. Is there a way to "connect" to the c drive, but not acutally map it unless a script or manual process initiates it?? This is on a Windows 2003 terminal server.

Thanks,
Chris

OK. For anyone that is interested, this is how I have figured to do this. Below is my login script:

set wshshell = wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
set wshnetwork = wscript.createobject("wscript.network")

clientname = wshshell.regread("HKCU\Volatile Environment\CLIENTNAME")

wshnetwork.mapnetworkdrive "Z:","\\" & clientname & "\c", False

Create a share on the client's local drive shared as "c" and set the appropriate permissions and you are done. This works for 2003, the regkey would need to be modified before it would work in 2008.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back