Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local cell phone exchange is treated as long distance number

Status
Not open for further replies.

SusanW

MIS
Jan 9, 2002
US
New cell phone number is a local number yet I am required to dial 1-603-305-xxxx, and then put in my LD auth code.
How do I tell the system that this is a local call and not a long distance call ?

you will need to change some of your BARS settings. I am assuming you're also in 603 area code. If you don't know BARS just repost and I will help you as best as I can.

Yes, the cell phone number and the location I am dialing from is in the same city of area code 603.

And any help on BARS settings is greatly appreciated.

go to LD 90 and print the following:

REQ PRT
CUST 0 (assuming you're customer 0)
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE NPA
NPA 1603

also do the same thing but at TYPE enter NXX and at NXX enter 305. You can post your results and we'll take it from there. If you are not at all familiar with BARS this may take a while. But I will help you as best as I can.

NPA 1603
RLI 2
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

NXX 305
ESN073 - conflict w/another (NPA, NXX)

305 is in there somewhere, and my guess is it's broken down somehow in your SPNs. Print all your SPNs (at the SPN prompt just press ENTER) and you should see something containing 305. If you like you can just post the whole thing (anything pertaining to 305 in the SPNs).

I figured out the problem. When I was looking for NPA 305 I was putting a "1" in front of it.

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE NPA

NPA 305

NPA 305
RLI 5
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

I changed the RLI to 1 and it works now.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction !

SusanW on very first post you did write 1 603<-- this is area code, then 305 this is nxx

Then at the last post you did change npa 305 that has noting to do with npa 603, 305 is nxx.

well 305 is also an NPA in Florida so you may have messed that up now. Here's the info for area code 603:
Home NPA Local Calls: 7D
Foreign NPA Local Calls: 1+10D
Home NPA Toll Calls: 7D
Foreign NPA Toll Calls: 1+10D

so you are probably going to have to configure NXX 305 somewhere. I will help you if you still need it. I think you're still going to have to look at your SPNs.

All you need to do is add 603 as an NPA in addition to 1603. For the RLI, give it your local choice.

REQ NEW
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE NPA

NPA 603

NPA
RLI (put in your local RLI)
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

NPA 1603 and 603 are both set as local.
NPA 1305 is set to not local (Florida)

nxx 305 was previously set to not local and I changed that to local.

So now when i dial 305-xxxx it rings local, where before i needed to enter in my ld code

i don't believe there is anything wrong here (?)

in your last post you said you changed NPA, not NXX,305. I think that's where the confusion came. It seems you have your NXXs programmed as NPAs.

Susan look it the first post you did

1-603-305-xxxx every time you write number they way you did we all assumed that 603 is npa 305 is nxx and xxxx was the last 4 digits of the number you did dial,

You're right, I'm sorry for the confusion
I shouldn't have had a NPA = 305; I have one as 1305.
I deleted NPA 305 and created Nxx 305 with local settings
That is why I had a conflict when I was trying to find nxx 305 and it was giving me ESN073

SusanW, that is looking better. A question -- I was assuming you had 10-digit dialing, or were in the transition mode in your area to go to mandatory 10-digit dialing. Can you dial 603-305-xxxx and have it connect? Or is it just 7-digit (305-xxxx)?
I think you need to put 1603 back as long distance (not local), or it will go out your local trunks and probably cost you a lot more. npa 603 as local is correct, but isn't needed if you do not have 10-digit dialing.
If you only have 7-digit dialing, then your change making nxx 305 to local was all that you needed to do.

Home NPA Local Calls: 7D
Foreign NPA Local Calls: 1+10D
Home NPA Toll Calls: 7D
Foreign NPA Toll Calls:

according to this the area code 603 isn't needed for toll calls within NPA 603. I think maybe sandyml will have to do the restrictions based on the NXXs, correct? until they also go to ten-digit dialing (which will make all our lives easier)

Yes, it sounds as though all that was wrong was the RLI entry for nxx 305, going to an RLI that required too high an NCOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back