Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local Area Connection not available XP Pro SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingal

MIS
Aug 22, 2002
IE
I cannot see any Local Area Connections under my Network Connection folder. I do have an active connection to the Network but am unable to access any of the IP Protocol properties because I cannot see the connection.

There is no group policy applied to limit access to the
connections so I'm a bit stumped !!

Can anyone help ?

Cheers,
Ian

ps I have the latest NIC drivers installed.

Hi There,

I've already tried the solutions offered in these links to no avail - anyone have any other solutions ?

Cheers,
Ian

Click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.exe on the Open line.

Type the following lines, and then press ENTER after you type each line:
regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Restart the computer.

Review "Local area connections overview" in the Help and Support program. See if it gives you a few ideas to play around with, such as removing Network Adapters, creating new connections, changing order of providers etc. Have a look at other options on the Advanced tab in the Network Connection folder.

What do you see from Safe Mode (with Networking)?

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

If they don't work you could try repairing windows by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates (no problem if you substitute them with SP2) but your files and programs will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back