Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

local area code now 1+

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl8ton

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
I got blindsided with this this morning. I need to change the programming so that we can dial a 1+ for local calls. I am having a complete senior moment on this. Can anyone give me the quick and dirty change that needs to be made?
thank you
Carla

You may be able to use the ARS Digit Conversion table.

Kevin

Where is your service area? I find it hard to believe any regulatory commission would impose 1+ dialing for local calls. Are you sure there is not some confusion here? Good luck!

The area codes are being overlayed. Local and LD calls are mixed in the same area code so the caller has to always dial the 1. The telco decides whether to use it.

The routes for your old ARS entries for local calls should be modified to insert a one to cover the people who are not dialing it.

Add duplicate ARS entries for al local calls that match on 1x 11 11.

I ended up calling Avaya on one of our switches that is under maintenance with them. As it turns out, our local area code has been programmed both ways - 1+ sent 11 digits out thru our LD trunk and had been labeled fnpa. The local calls were being sent out the local trunk as a regular 7 digit number. All Avaya did was change the NPA for the local from our area code to 200. ?? Confusing to me, but it ended up working. ?? Thanks all for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back