Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loaning tables help, or could call it bookings help in access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

springy2003

Instructor
Jan 30, 2003
GB
I have a problem with access concerning two tables. I want to loan books out, for example and I have two tables, one where the books are stored, and a loaning table. THe books store table, lets call it tblbook has fields name Accession number (unique number), title, and out. The out is a Yes/No letting us know that the book is out and can't be loaned until returned. The second table, call it tblloan has the fields booking number, Accession number (From the book store table, where the criteria has been set to NO, so books without the tick can be selected), date booked and date returned. The only thing I don't know what to do is when the book has been loaned out, how to change the field "out" in tblbookstore so it says that the book has been loaned out. Any help would be grateful, since I have no clue on how to get round this problem... if there is a way around it.

Actually, what I really want is a way to change the data in tblbook by using tblloans. I have tried creating another field in tblloans called "out" and tried to link it with field "out" from the tblbook, but it didn't work. I tried using a query, but not sure how to do about since I am not sure which to use, e.g. select, update... etc.

Can someone help please.....

Thanks for the people that do help

Richard.

If you send me a copy of the db I would be glad to look at it and get back to you
Bob
callmebob78@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back