Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loadwc.exe - error starting program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortgsteps

Technical User
Apr 19, 2000
US
I get an error starting program - <br>Loadwv.exe is linked to missing export shlwapi.dll wnsprintfa when i start windows 95.<br>I also get an error whel leaving the control panel the error is a fatal exception error in&nbsp;&nbsp;vxd ifsmgr(04)<br>Can anyone shed some light on these<br>thanks<br>i am on 95 b and ahve upgraded the bios for the amd 350 problem<br>

The first thing that I would try would be to install/re-install IE...whatever version you may be using.<br><br>Boot in Safe Mode to see if problem persists. If so, it would be a core OS issue and may need a re-install of the OS.<br><br><br>dxd<br><br>

I know this thread is old but I was searching for a similar problem and and ran into this thread which I recenly fixed on a PC here at work.

1)If this happens after installing Mcafee 4.5 then this fix should help you. If this error is occuring and you havent't recently upgraded or installed Mcafee then I have no idea if this will help. Also in my case I was unable to launch IE as a result.

2)Look for the file shlwapi*.* on your PC you bay discover a file named shlwapi_bk if so rename this file back to shlwapi.dll and the problems I was having went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back