Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loadVars and html???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike314

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
US
Have a question, I made an swf that basically uses loadVars to pull in images from and text from a text file. The swf works and you can see the images and text it should pull in. But now when I put that swf file on an HTML page, the swf loads, but you dont see the text or images that aare coming from the text file. I did put the text file and swf in the same directory. The images are coming from a website, and it works but its just when you put it on an HTML file, it doesn't work.

I'm using this on in the HTML file:

<object width="200" height="300">
<param name="movie" value="sample.swf">
<embed src="sample.swf" width="200" height="300">
</embed>
</object>

Anything wrong???? Anything obvious???

could it be something with the flash security settings???? I am using full paths to those images that are on certain sites

Flash security will prevent you from pulling images in from someone elses web site. Is that what you are trying to do?

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

yes I am pulling in those images from a site, but I also tried doing the same for images on a friends site (the images existing there) and the swf file as well. I did that using both relative and full url paths

is there some sort of work around?????

it just doesnt work when you view it in a browser

ah, nevermind

found my error

i was testing with an html file that existed on my local machine, once i uploaded it it works

also you must use relative paths

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm such a dummy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back