Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loadMovieNum doesn't work all the time! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeej21

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
US
Hello All,
I am desperate for some help with my personal portfolio website. My basic issue is that on every computer other than the one I actually built the site on, my "loadMovieNum" doesn't work after loading an initial movie clip.

In a nutshell, here is my issue.

I have my main swf file embedded into an HTML page. That main swf file has a number of nav links that send you to a different frame on the main timeline. When you enter the correct frame on the timeline, I have used "loadMovieNum" to load a movie on top of the main swf file.
Code:
 loadMovieNum("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.bijupandit.com/images/info_animation.swf",[/URL] 3);
THAT works just fine.

However, the NEW swf file (info_animations.swf) isn't able to load another level when asked to via a button action OR a frame action. It works only on the machine I built the site on, but every other computer I have on my network can't load the other movie files!! ( this is true across any browser, IE, Safari, Firfox, etc )

To see what I am referring to, please go to:

Then click on Animations, then try clicking on any of the 3 animation icons listed. None of them load and play.

The Animations link works fine, and info_animation.swf is loaded onto level 3 without a problem. However, the buttons IN that movie clip call the actual animations to play on level 4.

Code:
on (release) {
	loadMovieNum("[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.bijupandit.com/images/animations/anim_evan.swf",[/URL] 4);	
}

That part DOES NOT work.

Can someone PLEASE help me out. I've been up all night trying to figure this out.

I am having the same issue on the Audio/Music link as well, by the way, except that link calls another swf file via a frame action instead of a button action.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation.. but I am hoping to make sense in conveying my issue.

Thank you for checking it out for me Oldnewbie... I haven't been able to figure out then why on the other computers it isn't working. I suppose I will have to chalk it up to a localized issue.

Well, I found out that the issue indeed was a localized problem. It seems that the other computers on my network didn't have an updated version of Flash installed. Downloaded the new intaller, installed it, and everything works just fine now! Thank you guys for all your input and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back