Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

loading variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfitelias

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
BE
Hello i hope i am in the right forum and forgive me for being a newbie in webdesign. I have made my webdesign in photoshop, result is that i made slices for my layout which have to be loaded each page. Which means it is a nice design but it goes jpg after jpg and not fluent. Now is my question if you guys know how I can stay on my first page and load variables with my buttons for text and pictures so that i must not load the whole page over and over again.

Hopefully its clear and thanx in advance for answer.

I think I understand what you are saying, but to me it seems that you are overcomplicating matters.

It is likely that common graphics used on different pages will be in your browser cache and so will not be redownloaded.

HTTP will always reload a page when you request a new one.
This is made quicker by the aforementioned browser cache.

If you don't want to "refresh" the page when you click a link, then you will need to use either frames, an iFrame or some kind of scripting language to dynamically refresh the content of a div element.

There is another option called Ajax, but I wouldn't even start to venture down that road if I were you.

As I said, I think you are overcomplicating things.
Can you show us the page? It is highly likely that what you want to achieve can be done by simply approaching the construction of your design in a different way.

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
I wonder what possesses people to make those animated gifs. Do you just get up in the morning and think, "You know what web design r

stupid me i had always refresh page in my internet options on. Thnx for letting me see the light (-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back