Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading .swf's on the same level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahi

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
NL
I've made a movie consisting of several .swf's loading one another by clicking on buttons. My problem is some of those won't load. I have a main movie from where I load other swf's. No problem there, but if I want to go back it doesn't work. Or to be more precise it doesn't work on my webpage. In a flash player it works fine.

The movie can be found at under the button demo. First it shows a fake log-in that is one .swf, then it goes to a main menu (second .swf and main movie). Only the button maintenance goes to another .swf. This is the .swf I can return from. Clicking to reports from the main menu and then the print button goes to another .swf. This is one of those I can't return from.

Has anybody heard of this problem before?

It's bound to be an addressing issue, remember when Flash is embedded in page it takes the current URL as it's location, not the location of the swf, so use loadMovie() like the page is calling it.

<bb />

This thing is really weird. The problem just solved itself! I have been away for a few days and didn't do anything about it, now I'm back and check upon it and the problem isn't there anymore!

Freaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back