Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading on Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chawls

Technical User
May 29, 2001
US
We're having problems getting our website to load correctly on Netscape (works okay with IE). Problem seems to lie in disjointed rollovers not, well, rolling over. Picture is supposed to show up on page when mouse rolls over each state. Does in IE but not Netscape. Plus its extremely slow loading in Netscape for some reason. Have other problems as well but any help on this would be appreciated.
To view site as is, it's Chawls

Ok, I just looked at your site, first off, it could be just my browser but there seems to be alot of empty spaces at the end of the page...it seems go down alot...
As for the NS, try putting in the NS re-size tags from DW, it's under Commands -> Add/Remove Resize tags...in case you don't have it, this is the tag:

<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName==&quot;Netscape&quot;)&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
// -->
</script>

Hope this helped...
I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

hmm, the longer we work on this the more mystified we become. Now Netscape responds differently EVERY TIME YOU LOAD IT. We have three behaviors (disjointed rollovers) for every state on the map. One time you get none of the rollovers, click on a state and return to the index and you get one or maybe two. Click a state and come back again and you usually get all three effects. Exit Netscape and reload and you sometimes get two behaviors to work, sometimes one, seldom all three. So very fickle. Any ideas what we need to do (other than prayer and fasting) to get Netscape to respond consistently?

Chuck

Just check the page in both IE & Netscape...looks like the problem has been resolved (?) - or am I just a lucky fellow?

When you were checking the page, were you getting the errors on more than 1 machine? Which version of Netscape were you checking it with? (I used Netscape 4.72)

The only thing I can see right now is all the empty space at the bottom of your table. I would remove all the empty rows so that the page doesn't appear to scroll as much.

Just check the page in both IE & Netscape...looks like the problem has been resolved (?) - or am I just a lucky fellow?

When you were checking the page, were you getting the errors on more than 1 machine? Which version of Netscape were you checking it with? (I used Netscape 4.72)

The only thing I can see needing any adjustments right now is all the empty space at the bottom of your table. I would remove all the empty rows so that the page doesn't appear to scroll as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back