Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading Media error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjn721

MIS
Dec 3, 2004
US
Several times a week I get this "Loading Media" message and the backup never starts. It gets hung up at this time and sometimes will not abort the operation. It occurs quite often and isn't specific to one particular tape. Any suggestions?

I know this may seem obvious but have you tried usings a cleaning tape in the drive ? Regards
Lee Williams
IT Project Manager
Bsc Computer Science [smarty]

Look in the job logs and find an error, post that and I am sure someone will be able to help you out.

Right click the failed job
Properties
Copy out the log - or atleast the errors

Cheers

I too have this problem. The job is hung and shows "loading media". I believe that the problem might be the "if file is open" option. I think there is an open file option which is an addon?? If so, is not installed.

External HP SureStore
Veritas 8.6, Windows 2000 Server

Media Name: "Media created 4/26/2002 10:00:05 PM"
Backup of "C: "
Backup set #1 on storage media #1
Backup set description: "Nightly Backup"
Backup Type: FULL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
Backup started on 4/26/2002 at 10:00:38 PM.
File "ACCUMED APPTS.adb" in use - Backed up.

The list of files backed up continues, but no error listed.
The job is listed as Active - if you open and click on Log, it shows the status as "Loading Media"

I also have this problem, it's really annoying. I used 8.0 but have upgraded to 8.6. Open Option suite. Well, About cleaning, retension and so on, it don't help. I've searched for hardware conflicts, drivers and in veritas knowledgebase but nothing have helped. If someone solve this problem, please update me :)

Best regards
Henrik

I am having the same problem with Backup Exec 8.0.

Some weeks ago it backed up without problems. But now it always tells me "Should the media be overwritten?".

Sometimes I just have to click "OK" and it starts backup, but sometimes I have to try different cartridges until he saves them. Next day, the not working cartridges are working again...

Matthias

I'm sure I used to get this error with 7.2.
I think I got round it by changing the retention period and allowing it to always overwrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back