Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading frame body background color

Status
Not open for further replies.

askari

Technical User
Oct 29, 2001
AU
Hi,
I normally steer away from using frames when setting up web pages but in this instance the person specifically asked to have them. Here's my problem...
I have specified the body backgound in ALL the pages to be darkblue but when the pages initially load in the frameset the background is white while the pages load. Im also using an external css in which the body background colors are also specified as dark blue. Once the pages have been cached this is no longer a problem.
Is there anyway to avoid this initial white background?

Your site's fine. The white that you are seeing comes not from your pages, rather it's the default window colour of the browser - The blank space it displays while waiting for the server to process the request and serve up the page. You'll see the same thing on any website using a coloured background - it's one of the reasons why white is the best colour for your website's background. Absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back