Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading Domino As Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

eter4

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
CA
Is there a way to have Domino R5 load up when the system boots.... Presently we have to load it manually when logging onto the actual machine and running it like a normal app.

I recently just started with this Domino server and this is one of my new problems that I have encountered.

Thanks

During installation of the server you need to select the option for "Install Domino as an NT Service". In R4 you could run a utility to add it as one after the install.
Check your NT services, you may find it is installed as a service, but set to "Manual" instead of "Automatic".

PD

the service is not there...

Do you know what the tool was called in R4 to enable this service...

JD

it is not available in R5. You can install it rather quickly by reinstalling the server and selecting to "customize" the installation. There will be an option to load as an NT service.

PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back