Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading animated GIF's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctoma2005

Programmer
Jun 15, 2006
RO
I'm writing some games and I want to load animated GIF's in my game, but I have no ideea how to do this!!Does C builder have GIF-specific components? I found some code that works, but only in Win32 aplications.I know that it's not that easy, because it's not open source...
If someone can help me...please. Thanks

Since BCB creates Win32 apps, your instructions should work. You may have to include some header and/or use some namespaces. I have seen some 3rd party components that allow GIF animations. I would have to check around to see what they are, though.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

I would appreciated it... I found some 3rd party components but the code was in Delphi and I can't compile it...it shows me a "license expired" error!!. I should be using C builder at work...Thanks in advance

Thanks for that site. My problem is that on the site it sais "just drop the control on the form", but I don't know how to do that. In the zip there is the cpp and h of the class, and a file dcr(Delphi component resource). How do I "drop" the control on the form??

I tried it on CBuilder 5 and 6 and still don't know..I also tried just adding the source code to my project, but compiling it gave me a lot of errors...(the code was written in BCB 3).

Thanks in advance.

Since I've never used it I can't be certain. Usually, places like this give instructions on how to compile the code into a library/package. You can then add the tool bar in BCB. From there, you can drop the component onto your form.

Did they not include some sort of instructions?

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Nope... their saying "just drop it on your form, select the image and enable the application". It is called TBMGifControl, so it should be added tot he form, but I have no ideea how. The site gives me a BMGifControl.cpp, BMGifControl.h and a BMGifControl,dcr... Anyway, maybe I'll find another solution, but loading gif's would make my life a lot easier :))

Well, you have to install the component first! Close all files, "Component->Install Component->" and then you sets the component path correctly. A tip is to copy the files from the ZIP-file to where all the other components are for easy managing.

Totte
Keep making it perfect and it will end up broken.

Could you be a little more specific? I have 2 files: BMGifControl.cpp and BMGifControl.h How do I install the component? I'm using both Cbuider 5 and 6. And after intalling it how do I drop it on the form?

You must first of all open the project (GIF control) and compile it. I have tried but it said that it needed "DsgnIntf.hpp" which i can't find on my PC.

Then it should ask if you want to install the component to which you answer "yes" and then it's done.

Now i'm looking for the missing file....

Totte
Keep making it perfect and it will end up broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back