Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading and Saving JPEG in plain Win32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luzipher

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
DE
Hi !

I want to load and save JPEG images in a Windows Program. My search in this forum showed me, that most people seem to use jpeg.hpp. But I couldn't find that file, and I believe it's used by some Builder App ??
Whatever, I just search for an easy way to load and save JPEGs, so if you know one, please tell me.
I already tried the libraries form The Independent JPEG Group (which are free), but I couldn't get it running (mostly because of their weird memory managing, I believe).

Thanks for any help.

Luzipher.

which version are u using?

all BCB have this file, but previos version I don't know

---LastCyborg---

Hm, I think it's Borland C++ 5.01
I searched for the file and didn't find anything.

Hm, I think I need more than just the jpeg.hpp file. Thanks for your help though.
I think my version of Boarland C++ does not have jpeg support (it is quite old actually v5.01). Well, beside that, I don't know exactly what hpp files are, my Borland C does not have any. It seems like they are header files (.h), just in c++ style, like c->cpp, h->hpp ? At least, I see the jpeg.hpp uses classes and includes a lot of other hpp files.

To come back to my initial question: Has anybody worked with the Independet JPEG groups software and knows how to get it running ? If there is another way of getting jpeg support easily, please tell me, but atm I don't see any ...

Thanks,
Luzipher.

I think I've got it. There have to be made some changes prior to compile the IJG JPEG software with borland in a Windows environment. If somebody is interested:
Now I have a libjpeg.lib I should be able to use.

Thanks anyways to everybody who tried to help !

Greetings,
Luzipher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back