Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading a Fact table using Datastage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfsista

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2001
US
I'm very new to datastage and getting ready to load my very first fact table. What is the approach used in datastage? How do I join dimensions and stage table(s) to load all the keys and measures on the fact table using Ascential datastage?

Thanks!

What version of DS? Best bet is to contact IBM Webspere DataStage Support.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Version 7 I believe. I was told to create a hash lookup but this means nothing to me...I need more info. How do I join the staging table to the dimension tables in order to build the fact keys in the fact table? I don't know how to join tables in a transformer.

I checked out the website and even the forum but it seems this question must be too basic for anyone to answer.

Try contacting IBM (used to be Ascential) Support.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Hash lookup is the most efficient way, although you can do direct database work. Hash files are a basic functionality of Data Stage; see the documentation or take a course. Too lengthy to even begin to address here.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that noboby appreciates how difficult it was.
- Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back