Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loading 5.1 on F-80 "kmod_load" Error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jriordan

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am installing AIX 5.1 on a F-80. An install I have done many times on other machines. However once the system reads the cd and starts to boot off the CD I get the following message on the screen:

" AIX 5.1

kmod_load failed for psekbd"

Has anyone seen this before, and if so do you know what it is? I am going to try another set of CD's but thought I would ask.
Thanks in advance
John

Not installed 5.1 on F80. But heard that in some recent IBM RS/6000 the CDROM drive is IDE instead of SCSI. So you need a particular set of AIX5.1 CD which contains driver for IDE.

Hi John,

I've encountered this problem before. Get the latest firmware microcode for the F80 and the cdrom.

Follow the instrutions given. It is very easy. Reminder, before you update the microcode, please have a record of the old ones, just in case the updating process fails. It happens to me and ended up we have to change the system board.

FYI, incase you need to downgrade the F80 again to 4.3.3, you will need the latest release CD(For now it is 04/2002) in order to reinstall back into the system. It's b'coz the older ones could not be detected by the new updated cdrom.

Happy trying and good luck.

Hi,

Wanted to thank you for the reply. You were correct and the problem has been resolved. Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday as the machine was off site.
Again, Thanks and hope I can return the favor.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back