Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loader file for 3Com Software Update Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

crownit

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
CA
I am trying to update the software on some 3Com Superstack II and 3 3300's switches. I have tried the TFTP route and encountered many problems. So I am ready to try the Update Utility. When I run the utility I get an error "No loader file found for agent filename". I have researched this error and nothing is coming up. Has anyone ever updated their switch software using the Update Utility? If so, where did you get your loader file or what is the format for one so I can create one myself? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dwayne

I found out what the problem was. I'd changed the name of the .bin file to something easier to type and it didn't like that. Once I changed the name back to it's original name "s2s02_71.bin" then the session started in TFTP and the upload and update occured. Now I don't need the loader file. Thanks everyone.
-Dwayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back