Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load Win2KSP4 install files to USB for installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron5

Programmer
Apr 10, 2007
US
I have a new Intel D945GCLF2 Mini-ITX MB with only one IDE port. My OS is on CD, so when the CD (Master) is connected on the same IDE cable/channel with the HDD(Super Talent SSD, Slave) neither operate. The CD doesn't even run with the HDD plugged in. Unplugging the HDD restores CD operation. The HDD operates in the port alone, with the drive listed in the BIOS.

I have tried for days to successfully transfer my Win 2K SP4 files to a USB for installation, but the best I get is NTDLR Missing. This would solve everything as I have the MB also booting & running a PE OS from USB.

Apps like 'WinSetupFromUSB' have proven unreliable, with errors.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I installed Win2000 on a netbook by copying installation files on the hard drive using netbootdisk 6.4 (netbootdisk.com). To load it I used PXE, a boot option in my BIOS which should be present in every modern PC with a network card.
If this isn't enough for you to get an installation, you can ask me for more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back