Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load/Unload Addin when Workbooks Open/Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartrein

Programmer
Sep 22, 2008
EU
Hi

It is probably a common question and i had done some research before posting however what i have found does not seem to work for me.

So the situation is :
- I have created a library of some reusable VBA functions/subs and stored it in .XLA addin, at the moment they are only to be used in VBa code not in worksheet cells

- I have couple of files which have references to my library (references in VBE)

- When one of these files open it automatically opens my ADDIn (Addin is hidden thisworkbook.isaddin = true)

I am happy with everything up to this point however after i close one the file that have reference to my addin,
I still see the ADDIN in the Project Explorer in VBE , and the functions in the list of User Defined Functions. What's even more interesting i still see the file that has reference to my Addin in VBE window.

The only way of closing/hiding the Addin functions is to close and open again Excel.

I thought that

Application.AddIns(sAddinName).Installed = False/True

would take care of showing/hiding the addin functions but that does not seem to be the case.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back