Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

load sqldba

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkfairfax

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
We have a Oracle 7._ database on a server with Novell Network. I have tried unsuccessfully to understand a way to Load the SQL Netware Module - "SQLDBA". Typically, the Novell command should be.."LOAD SQLDBA Line MOde = Y" Everything we do this we get a error, saying that the file does not exist. Although this is not specifically a Oracle problem, I'm wondering whether someone might know what I am talking about. It is important for us to be able to get into the Oracle backend so that we can research the database that we are working with. I'm been asked to look into whether we can download this NLM from somewhere; however, it seems to me that it should already be there, else how could the database have been created in the first place. As it stands all that we have is menu driven access to view the administrator settings, but we would like to be able to create our own views on the database, and to run queries on the underlying tables, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GM

Actually, since I wrote my last thread, I have learned somethings. I feel that what I am looking for now is a copy of the file, SQLDBA.NLM. If anyone has a suggestion where I might find this file please let me know. I have checked both the Novell and Oracle, but have not located it.

Thanks again.

Novell 4.12. We have a SQLDBA.nlm file and a SQLDBA.res file on the Oracle installation disk for our Oracle 7 Server 7.3.2.1.1 for Netware.

I'm still looking for help on this so if anybody understands how to re - add the sqldba.nlm module operating under Novell 4.11 once it has been removed or deleted, please let me know. There are several files on our Oracle installation disk (an sqldba.exe, sqldba.nlm, and sqldba.res). Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back