Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load sharing 2 t1's with a Cisco 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

coman99

Technical User
Jun 20, 2005
US
I would like to share 2 t1's between one Cisco 2500 router so that I may have 3 meg instead of 1.5 I have 4 different IP sets to to bring into this one router. Does anyone know how I can do this or where to start. So basically I want my 4 DSlams to go through one switch and then into one router and out to 2 t1's

Have you considered using BGP? It's been awhile since i configured ours and I had alot of help from those more knowledgable, but do a little research on it.

"The only desert to an Irishman is an empty glass".

??
The two T1 lines on the 2500 conect to ??

You may need to use CEF (Cisco Express Forwarding) and loadbalance per packet. This may not be function of the 2500. I know we do it using 2600s.

What kind of routing is in place on this router? static, bgp, ospf etc?

If static, simply create 2 default route (via each T1) and ensure they have same AD. This will load-balance.

If not static, let me know and I can advise further.

Thank you all for your input. I believe the routing is static. I have four dslams and between the four they are sharing 5 different IP sets (each customer has their own static IP). My dslams to go to a switch then to enet 0 on the router. Enet 0 is configured with the 5 ip sets. The serial port(now) ties to the CSU and then to the t1, the t1 travels to another router that interfaces the at&t backbone. I am wondering if there is a way to plug into serial 1 on this router to be used with enet 0's config. I just don't have a whole lot of experience with these routers besides basic things. What do you mean by 2 default routes. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back