Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load Operation Already in Progress 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulreg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2003
GB
Hi

I am running 6.1.3 on Solaris and getting the above error when ever I try and do anything with the autoloader (mount, unmount, label, inventory etc). I suspect that I need to reset something but I don't know what. My unix experience is limited too !

All Suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks

Paul

Very sorry - The error message is "Load Operation Already in Progress".

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

you can check the process list for nsrjb commands running:

ps -ef|grep nsrjb

If you find more than the expected number (more than you started), you can be quite certain that something is hanging there. It may happen sometimes that NetWorker does not get the reply from the autochanger that an operation finished.

If processes are hanging, you can only stop NetWorker. Make sure that all processes are gone (ps -ef|grep nsr) before you attempt to start NetWorker again.

Sometimes NetWorker even gets confused with the library status (shows tapes as loaded that physically aren't and vice versa). In that case you first stop NetWorker, then physically remove all tapes from all drives, then start NetWorker again. Now unmount all tapes from all drives using the NetWorker GUI or nsrjb -u -f <tapedevice> on the commandline. This will take a while, will produce error messages (because there are no tapes to unmount), but after that nsrjb should show that all drives are empty.
BTW: don't trust the GUI on this, sometimes it gives information that differs from the nsrjb output.

Hope it helps...

Regards
Ruedige

Ruedige

Networker is not running - but I have checked processes as you suggested :-
uklns# ps -ef|grep nsrjb
root 5060 26463 0 Dec 02 ? 0:02 /usr/sbin/nsr/nsrjb -j dlt7000 -l
-M uklns.001.LTUE4B
uklns#

How do I stop/start networker so that this process clears ?

Many thanks

Paul

Paul,

You can do this a couple of ways. One method is to do a kill -9 on the particular process ID. This method would appear as follows (based upon the ps command output you provided):

kill -9 5060
(since 5060 was the processs ID)

Another method is to stop then restart the networker software. I think for you that command will be as follows:

/etc/init.d/networker stop

then to restart...

/etc/init.d/networker start

Hope this helps!

- Scott

Thanks guys.

Error message cleared and autoloader operations are available again.

Regards

Paul

Glad to help, Paul. And thanks for marking my post!

- Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back