Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load new image without reloading page

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrumAt5280

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
US
I have a page which has 1 main photo shown and links to see the other 14 images. When you click on one of the links to see another image it populates the placeholder where the main default image was.

Is there a way to load the new images from the server without reloading the whole page again?

I have done this before with Flash, but on this site i am staying way from Flash. And I can't preload all the photos when the intial page loads because of bandwidth issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks James.

Are there any issues doing that way with JavaScript (besides having JS diabled)?

If you want to do this with JS disabled, then you will have to use frames or iframes. There is no other way to target specific content without reloading the whole page (other than via scripting).

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

The example given shows just how one image can be replaced with another, but is it possible to have more than 2 images in this sequence?

D0nny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back