Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load flash movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gynoom

Technical User
Mar 3, 2001
NL
Hi,

I'm stuck on something, and hope that someone can help me out.

I have got a menu, and if you press on one off the buttons he will load another flash movie in that menu and play it. But that (that just has been opened) flash menu also is devided into seperated menu's. And there is the problem, when I click on one of the buttons in that menu, all of the second menu buttons etc. will disapear and you will only see the first menu + the text that should apear when clicking on a button in the second menu.

So is it possible to open a flash movie in a flash movie of the origional flash movie?? and see al three movie's in the same time?

Many thanks.... Jef.

Yes, but you have to load them in different container clips or different levels. If you load a new movie in a container where there's already was a movie, it will be replaced by the new movie.

You should post a link to your .fla(s), zipped up and in MX only format, not MX2004, so we can better understand your setup.

Try using loadMovie or loadMovieNum. The Flash help is pretty good, but feel free to post questions you may have about the functions here!

haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Yes it has got something to do with levels.
I changed the levels and now I can see all of the layers, but I can't press on the button of layer 2. (there is also a layer 3) But that is possible right? that you can click on buttons on all 3 of the layers??

Yes you should be able to click on buttons on any layer. (even when you don't want to)

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back