Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Load a relational table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ba543

MIS
Jan 15, 2004
US
I'm new to datastage and I am trying to figure out how to load a sequential file into an MS Access Database. I have no problem setting up the sequential file and data definitions and loading the data there. My problem comes about when I'm trying to open the Target stage and specify the data source name that I created through the ODBC connection setup. When in this stage I put in the Data Source Name: and then click on the Get SQLinfo, right after clicking I receive this error:

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO)(SQLConnect('DS304Employees','')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=IM002,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Any help would be appreciated. Its a tutorial that I'm practicing with, so just trying to see what I'm doing wrong.

Remember that you must define the DSN on the platform where Data Stage is running, not the Data Stage client (Designer).

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

We are sitting on a UNIX server and we have most files going to a specific directory in this platform for datastage. So in essence I need to define a DSN to the server(tstetl02) so that designer will be able to read in the database

This could be a bear. You will need to set up the DataDirect ODBC UNIX client, and make sure the Access database is open in Access.

Another solution: create a .csv file, send to the Windows box where Access resides and import into Access manually.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back