Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LMI Remote Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextoyou

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
I have an Option 81 that I need to change out the LMI card, I have been looking in a few different books on how to change this card out. I don't know what the process is for this, do I need to connect to the card and get any info from the card? Please help if you can..

no that interface is to enable or disable un used t1's, if you never connect to that interface you'll just have a red lamp at the second t1 post. just disable the cards on that lmi the same as you would to disable any dig or analog cards

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the info. I also have another question about the card? Is there any programming that needs to be done with the new card? I only ask this because this is my fisrt LMI card that I'm changing out.

no, it will come up default from the factory. you've only got a couple of maint commands in that interface. and enable/disable t1's etc.. treat the lmi as if it were any other line card. it's always worked for me

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I thank you agian. So I know that this card is hot swappable, so I can just take out the old and put in the new? And the switch will know what to do with the new card?

as long as you disable all cards on the lni/lmx 1st it should not be a problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back