Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LM2000 Drivers for NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

showmethemoney

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2001
US
I need to know if anyone has a link for the drivers for the LM2000 WAN module. Our DSS's drive spun it's last rotation and I'm trying to reload everything. Network Associates basically told me to bite myself since our DSS is out of warranty.
Any help would be useful.

When you install the agent on the machine it creates a drivers directory under program files\nai\dsproagentnt\, the LM2000 drivers can be found in here.

Spencer P

What model DSS is it?

The Image is propriatary, there are no official channels to go through to get it, the box would have to be RMA'd and rebuilt in Santa Clara. The last models go out of support soon, if you have more than one WAN DSS you could try ghosting it, all the boxes have teh same hard drive image (as long as its the same model DSS...) <i>DO NOT MESS WITH THE BIOS!!!</i> it's been tweaked so much that it will take forever to get back to the config NGC setup. There are a few whitepapers that talk about the settings, though.

Just curious, showmethemoney, what is the model number on the DSS?

Spence is correct for the Win32 versions.. Unfortunatly, this is a DOS unit.

-A

It's the DOS WAN sniffer. I got the server back in order. I still would like to know if I can get NT drivers for the hardware. I'm currently importing the DOS sniffer WAN .cap and .syc files into SNIFFER Pro 3.5 so I can analyze the packets easily. As any of you who have used the DOS sniffer know, it's not the nicest interface.
Ultimately I would like to upgrade the OS on the DOS DSS sniffer to NT, and use Sniffer Pro 3.5 for control.

Thanks for the posts...

Awesome work on the DSS unit, showmethemoney!

But you still need drivers for the LM2000 under WinNT?

As Spence said, once you install 3.5 on NT, it will create a directory as he stated where you can find the drivers.

If this is not possible and you need the 3.5 drivers ASAP, feel free to email me @ andrew_goin@nai.com and I can dig them up I am sure.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back