Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lj 8000 tray 3 jam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

longneck

MIS
Aug 30, 2001
US
I have three 8000's that jam only when feeding from tray 3. The page stops before it reaches the PS1 registration sensor below the toner cartridge. I have to open the right door to remove the page. After I clear the jam, sometimes it will print one page and jam on the second page, leaving the first page only partially ejected.

Errors from the event log are 13.3 37, 13.3 16 and 13.3 16

The service guide says to replace the registration assembly, but if that was the cause, wouldn't it jam from tray 2, also?

Here is what I have tried:
- New rollers
- Clean PS1 with compressed air
- Swapping the black spinny thing next to the bottom pickup roller with the one from tray two
- Swapping the paper tray with one from another printer
- Removing the PIU to clean the PIU sensor with compressed air

Any other suggestions?

Ensure the paper size for tray 3 is secure. The plastic pieces will sometimes shift or bow. Remove paper and physically move the parts.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Longneck,

The problem is a worn second pass roller located in the piu. I would prefer going directly to HP for this part #RB1-6581-000 because of it's quality. However, you can shop at printerworks.com if you're on a budget.

Regards, steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back