Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Livelink Projects 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2003
US
a)As an admin user I create a project,certain folders,add users etc.Everything is kosher.In our system the 'Add Version' is not shown by default.Project also does not inherit the folder perms
b)I add a user to the project as a 'coordinator'.This user has only very limited permissions in the system ie login enabled and public access.by the documentation however coordinators are like god they have everything in the accesss control list
c)My question is that how can I give 'Add Version ' privileges to this user.They do not see the menu item at all but I can.This is where i get confused I can add the user to the particular object's ACL and click everything on the ACL or is there a way to better do it.All I want the user to get is Add Version on a document

My sysem is ll 9.1 sp3 on oracle

I have a feeling in your case in the access control list of members the Delete Versions need to be checked.Otherwise LL will give only 'add version' to the original owner.see if this works

This would seem to be correct, from my recollection of the training courses I've recently done, you need to have DELETE VERSION to be able to have ADD VERSION.

Although this may seem silly, there is a logic behind it, which is that if you set a limit of 50 versions for an object and a users adds the 51st version, you need to delete the first one so you continue to have 50, otherwise you;d have 51 and have broken your limit ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back