Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Livelink 9.7 LiveReport - A change NOT for the better 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCWallace

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2007
US
For many years we have used the functionality in Excel of Data, Import External Data, New Web Query and supplied the URL of an existing Livelink LiveReport we wished to work with. It's been great with only the minor inconvenience of having to removed leading and trailing spaces for the data ( no big deal if you have ASAP utilities )
Anyway, since the upgrade to 9.7 this no longer works. I enter the URL, select the data window I'm interested in importing and get the lovely message from Excel...."This Web query returned no data. To modify the query, click OK, Click the name of the external data range in the name box on the formula bar, and then click Edit Query on this external data toolbar."

No change to the LiveReport or to the version of Excel. In 9.5 is works great in 9.7 I get the error. Anyone got this one figured out ?

We have the exact same problem.
With Livelink 9.5 it we could import webqueries from Livelink in Excel 2003 or OpenOffice.Org Calc v2.2.1
After the update of Livelink to version 9.7 Excel comes with the error mentioned before. OpenOffice.Org comes with the following error:
'General internet error has occured'

Regard, Florisz

In 9.5 you would click the yellow arrow next to the data you wanted to import. In 9.7 you must click the yellow arrow specifing the whole page. You end up with more columns and rows to trim but at least you get the data.

Oke!
Thanks for the great tip.
This workaround works indeed!
Floris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back