Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LiveLink 10.5 Cluster & NAS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riazpk

Programmer
May 18, 2009
AE
Dear Gurus,

We will be having a LiveLink 10.5 Clustered Enviornment; I wanted to know if LiveLink supports NAS in this configuration?

Regards,

Riaz

Riaz,
can you provide some more detail ?

If you are planning to use the NAS as storage for the doc store and index, then you should be fine as CS will use a UNC type path approach so that each server can see the storage tier.

This sounds like a new deployment or upgrade, if thats the case I would recommend CS 16 over 10.5, apart from the new features the increased support window for this release as its the latest may appeal. More information on each release and support for an upgrade - both business case and delivery can be found on the OT Website and KC.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Dear Greg,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You are right; this is an upgrade from 9.7.1 to 10.5 (Dev/QA Enviornment upgrade is done and Prod upgrade will soon be performed with the disks part of cluster; the NAS is future planning).

I knew we could also use the UNC path but I was not sure whether this is supported for the clustered configuration or not; your reply clarified that.

One more clarification: For UNC path for documents (folders for storing the documents), how can we manage the permissions? If we have LiveLink Services started using windows domain account and we give full permissions to this domain user on folders mentioned in UNC path, will that suffice? We don't to add 'everyone' in the permissions of the folders.

Regards,

Riaz

When you add or get a document from EFS the service user in your case the domain user is doing that because the livelink application is the one doing that for you.So this user should have full control so normal users as in Windows sense has no role here. The only exception is if you have SSO deployed then the log path , remote cache etc is accessed as the real user so higher permissions or the special ad group called 'Authenticated Users' can be used . If you put a file monitoring utility you can see the exact transactions that take place when a upload/download is being conducted and whether logs etc are being burnt

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Dear appnair,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Riaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back