Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live Video - Broadcast Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzlebob

Programmer
Sep 4, 2004
US
Does anyone have any tips on creating a broadcast application for live video. I'm not sure how to start, probably because I don't have the camera yet. I need an application to take live video, encode to flv, and then start playing. Simple enough, but I'm not sure how to begin exactly. Do I need to stream directly into Flash Comm. Server, and have the application built in there? If I'm right, I need this broadcast application on the computer that has the camera connected to it, and from there I create the application on the server that displays the streaming media, which I can do... anyway, any tips would be helpful to get me started on this broadcast application. I have read the Flash Video tutorial from Macromedia, and the best practives flash video by Kevin Towes.

Thanks in advance!
Bizzlebob

You need to have flash comm server on the server you are using... you then build within Flash as usual - the flash player used for normal movies can communicate with the server...

[conehead]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back