Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

live paint transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmichaud

Technical User
Jul 17, 2006
US
i made a logo in adobe photoshop and have imported it into illustrator. i am in the process of live tracing the layers. the problem i am having is that i have two layers that over lap. it is a letter on one layer, and a drawing of a clover of the second. i can not get the letter to have a transparent background. how can this issue be resolved?/
thanks. i am brand new to this program.

Not sure but look at the file in Photoshop and check the locations of the layers. Depending on the format you choose to save the file as will sometimes flaten the graphic and remove the laters.
Open it in Photoshop and on the layers palette click on the drop down menu and choose flaten layers. This will give you an idea if it is photoshop and the saved format which is doing this.
You may have to change the location of the letters to a new layer to get it to show up correctly once the file is flatten.
If this doesn't help just let me know info about the file such as does it also look correct in Illistrator?
Thanks

C:

When you live trace, transparent areas are filled with white. I don't think you can turn this off.

What you CAN do, is:

1. Expend the Live Trace result (Object>Live Trace>Expand);

2. Take the Group Select tool (white arrow with + sign), and click on one of the white areas;

3. Go to Select>Same>Fill Color, and now all the white areas should become selected;

4. Delete.

Now, you should be rid of the white areas.

HTH

Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back