Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Live counter not visible on Explorer 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffaucher

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2000
CA
The Live counter on my web page not visible on Explorer 6 sp2 (WinXP)but appears correctly on Explorer 5.5 sp2 (Win98). Any suggestion appreciated.

??? i have internet explorer 6 and i can see it just fine. although i did notice that java started running when i viewed your web page. have you tried installing Sun Microsystems Java, from here . i have found from personal experiance that it is better than the java shipped with most microsoft machines. See if that solves the problem.

If you have ActiveX blocked (I belive SP2 blocks it by default) your counter won't show. Try adding the site to your trusted sites and you should be OK. It worked for me.

Cheers.

cmeagan656,

How can I find if ActiveX is blocked?

I forgot to ask how to add my site to trusted sites.

Is ActiveX is blocked:

If ActiveX is blocked you should get a warning msg (M$ calls it an information bar) at the top of the web page, under the toolbars, stating "Your secuirty settings do not allow web sites to use ActiveX controls...).

To add a site to the Trusted Sites:

Tools ->Internet Options; Security tab. Highlight Trusted Sites and click the Sites button.

The web address should show in the "add this address..." section. Click Add. Click Close. Click OK.

Cheers.

Oops, I forgot to add that after you add the site to your trusted sites you have to refresh the page.

Cheers.

Adding my site to the trusted sites didn't alas change anything.
I don't know if the following could help but I discovered that many images of other sites (magazines) don't show on my browser. I only see a red squares and clicking on them with the mouse right button shows a greyed menu.

When you select "Internet" (in the same place that you found "trusted sites" what is the security level for the zone?

Click on "custom level". What are your ActiveX settings. If you list them here maybe I'll be able to see if any of the settings are different from mine.

Cheers.

My Internet being in French, the menus are slightly different than in English. According to what I see, my security level is low.

For ActiveX, I see:
ActiveX control and plug-ins:
Download signed Active control:enable
Download unsigned Active control:prompt
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins:enable

All other sections are marked:enable

Start by clearing your Temporary Internet Files. If that doesn't take care of it, start reading this thread & the other references within it:

thread608-538850 Internet Explorer Missing Images "x"

When I try to download a recent version of Sun Java, I get this error message: "We encountered an issue while trying to automatically install Java™ software onto your machine. As a result, Java software was not installed properly.

I have Windows XP sp2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back