Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Little word, big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsdragon

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
US
Heard this on channel 12 (WWBT Richmond) News this morning (I was home nursing a bum knee):

"The heat wave raises the risk of small children being left in hot cars."

Actually, it doesn't. It raises the risk for small children who are left in hot cars, but it may actually make people think twice about leaving their children in the car, and thus may actually reduce the risk of children being left in hot cars.

That was my take. Comments?

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Oh the STDs that would flood us then!

--Gooser

Gooser:

Actually, I had a solution to that, too. <LOL> I got accused of being a nazi for this one though.....

A tatoo, on the inner thigh, that says HIV+. You can be as anonymous about your disease as you want, until you drop your pants. Then your partner knows.

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

[scanning laundry-list on partner's inner-thigh...nope! nothing too bad]

"We're good to go!

Hi,
A tatoo, on the inner thigh, that says HIV+.

depending on your partner's preferences ( or your preference for partners), it may need to be located somewhere else...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

@gbaughma - The problem with using $ as the criteria for kids is its a terrible one. $ =/= Good Parent.

My favorite is a variation of one I heard a co-worker say... We'll give you either an XBOX360 or PS3 if you get fixed. (Obviously must be 18+) If a game system means as much to you as having kids... you probably shouldn't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back