Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Little Known Tip about LD117 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
In LD117, Nortel actually provided on switch help!

ld 117
=>?

the ? + enter will show you all available commands with explanations in LD 117.

They actually do that for more than 117. I think it is any prompt that is > you can put the ? and get some help, some loads have more help than others.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

If memory serves, any prompt that displays : after the prompt text will allow you to enter ? and get some help, at least a list of commands, as well. This may not be the case with all Releases but I know it works in Rls 3 and thus would assume it works in the newer loads as well.

You can also enter partial commands followed by ? to filter the results.

For instance:

stat ? <return>
returns all of the stat commands

stat ip ? <return>
returns only the stat ip subset of commands.

The tip above with the partial commands is only good for LD 117.

lol..didn't think it was "little known" either, but hey, I'm sure some people didn't know

Mato' Was'aka

It shows that LD 117 was developed alot more later on as they made it more user friendly..

OK, I've gone one that is little known:

Q. What does the "H" mean when you print a DNB in LD 22 - some of the TN entries for the DN have the "H" and some do not. To my knowledge, it is not in any book and never has been.

A. It means the the DN appearance on that particular TN is on a KEY number at or below the LHK value of that TN.

True

[&copy;] GHTROUT.com [&hArr;] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back