Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

little green light on the keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob2

Programmer
Jul 3, 2000
SE
Hi

I have just bought a new logitech keyboard to my system. One thing I have noticed is that a little green light is constantly on (on the keyboard), even when the computer is turned off. Is this something I can turn off in the bios, in that case - how do I turn this light off when the computer is off?

Regards

M

That is a question I have been asking myself for months. I thought it was just another glitch with my machine :)

Thinking about it, it does makes sense otherwise the 'wake on PS/2' option in BIOS wouldn't work.

Hi

The weirdest thing happend, all of the sudden the light stopped to shine... And now everything is the way it should be :)

Regards

M

Maybe it's the Num Lock or Caps Lock light and you pressed one of those keys and turned it out.

Jim

Hi

Well I do have the numlock on, but I have had this on all the time. But as long as it work as I want, and no light is on I'm happy.... ;-)

Regards

M

The light is there to indicate power to the motherboard. ATX boards control the power supply, the I/O switch just tells the motherboard to start doing its thing. Don't change memory or add-in cards while that light is on, probably will damage something. Pull the power cord out and wait until the goes out [discharges some capacitors on the board]. I lost a modem before I figured that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back