Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listviews Access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcooke

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
GB
Hello normally a vb6/.NET programmer and i just wanted know how to use the listviews in Access. I put the object on my form but didn't get the usual properities and methods expected. For example when i wanted to simply add an item I couldn't find the add item method. Does this exist in Access and how could I cycle thorough a recordset and add items and subitems to the listview for each record? Or if can't do this with listview what alternative is there for me? The purpose of the listview is to show the result of a search and allow the user to select one item and thus load up another form based on selection. Any help gratefully received. thanks

Why not simply use a native access ListBox or ComboBox ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I need to display numerous columns including customer ref, customer firstname , customer surname, address1 etc in total about 10 columns can a listbox handle this amount of columns? If not I therefore need a listview.

A ListBox may have many columns (hidden or not).

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Use the column width property set to 0" for any columns you wish to hide. Note the Columns number from 0 to ColumnCount minus one. See the Column Property in the VBA help screen you access from the VBA editor screen. You reference the value in the nth column with the Column(n).

I don't prefer ListBox with too many columns and too many records. I had a problem of "Access Not responding" when I used it.
Here are some of the posts about ListView may be useful.
How can I format my ListBox? faq702-5329
Shopping List - Listview Formatting thread702-1044726
Trying to Sort my ListView thread707-1045077
Registering Listview Control thread702-1046322
Selecting a Row in a ListView thread707-1047107
ListView control question thread708-1054379

he usually has a son who says,
"Father, you are wrong!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor