Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ListView ctrl & Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

agfon

Programmer
Mar 25, 2005
US
I'm experiencing a problem with a query that references the selected item within a ListView. The query criteria is as follows:

[blue]WHERE (((Table1.Rec_ID)=[Forms]![frm_main]![ListView1].[SelectedItem]))[/blue]

Prior to receiving Windows XP, this query fired without any issue. Now, it prompts the user for this parameter. I've tried encapsulating the reference in the EVAL function without success.

I would appreciate any advise on this.

-agfon

-agfon

By-the-way, I tried dropping this reference into VBA and it did produce the desired results.

-agfon

-agfon

Is this a list box? If not, why not? If it is a single select list box which has the appropriate bound column, try:

WHERE (((Table1.Rec_ID)=[Forms]![frm_main]![ListView1]))

The form must be open.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Duane,

This is a ListView - not a ListBox. The ListView has functionality that the ListBox doesn't.

-agfon

Try
WHERE (((Table1.Rec_ID)=[Forms]![frm_main]![ListView1].[SelectedItem].Text)).
Listview consider all of them as string not integer.

for more read my FAQ(faq702-6026)

try working with it as an object rather then referencing it directly, once you get the hang of it, it's much easier.

Create a function or sub such as

Public function GetListViewID(lst as listview) as long

dim lRetval as long

if not lst.selecteditem.text = "" then
id = val(lst.selecteditem.text)
end if

end function

function call:

ID = GetListViewID(listview1.object)

Mark P.
Providing Low Cost Powerful Point of Sale Solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back